Sometimes a dude just has to get out of town and play motorcycle soccer for a few days. So last weekend we had our friend Baby Kelley, (a/k/a The Bubba) shoot photos for us at the Standard Hotel’s Swimming With Sharks rooftop pool party. If you don’t know The Bubba, here are a few qualifications worth noting:
- She outfits hot lurkers & human babies with hand-drawn sloth bear t-shirts.
- She recently recorded the rap track “Shake It Like a Single Mom”.
- Via her legendary LA public access variety show, she wrecks minds with The Mystical & Magical Show Show
- She plays boingy noise guitar in God’s Gang
- And last but not least, she runs three super brilliant blogs:
And her three favorite things are kitty paws, PBR and minimalist industrial design. Basically, Baby K is a one-woman exercise in takin’ it easy, gettin’ weird and havin’ the right ‘tude for the job. Asking her to shoot half-cocked, blurry event photos at the Swimming With Sharks pool party worked out great! It appears a fine lurk was again had by all— lots of splashin’ and spazzin’ out with Incase water guns and Slider Cases for iPod and iPhone. Thanks to the Standard Hotel and MFG Productions (JMZ Outlaw, Matt & Mahtab). Enjoy the photos! Thanks, Bubba.
Be on the lookout for future guest photog & brog-log from our heavy bro—The Shellzbot.