Ah, Words With Friends. With its combination of wordplay, friendly competition and time-killing fun, it’s easy to see why it’s one of the most popular apps for the iPhone and iPad. We asked our copywriter Ross to share his five favorite Words With Friends moments. Here they are.
- My wife is Portuguese and, as such, is a big fan of Fado music. It translates as “fate” and is sad, haunting and beautiful at the same time. As is often the case in WWF, I click “Submit” suspecting that a word is not really a word. But this time, I was rewarded with a spinning wheel and 40 points.
- One of my biggest scores ever happened to coincide with a word I really like (DERIDES). It means “to ridicule,” which is exactly what my 93-point play did to my opponent. Oops—I mean “to my friend.”
- I was playing my good friend Kenny (who usually kills me) and, just as I thought all hope was lost, I played all my letters on TWISTIER for 95 points. (He still beat me.)
- The month was April; the year was 2010. The world was transfixed on one thing and one thing only: KFC’s new Double Down Sandwich. Fitting, then, that my friend and I kicked off our game with a perfect representation of this culinary masterpiece. (See the above photo.)
- Sometimes, it’s not the word you play that matters, but the message hidden in the tiles you’re given. And yes, “SEEEEXA” is an acceptable variant of “sexy.”
What are some of your favorite WWF moments?
The Topo Pattern that is featured on a lot of our products is now available as a desktop wallpaper for your new iPad. Select from 9 different colors.
How to Install on your iPad:
- Check this post on your iPad and pick the color you want.
- Press and and hold until “Save Image” dialog comes up
- Go into Settings, select Brightness and Wallpaper, followed by Wallpaper and you’ll find it in Saved Photos
- Select the image and pick between “Set Lock Screen”, “Set Home Screen” or “Set Both”
We also have several wallpapers available for iPhone in this handy Facebook album.
With all that iPad has to offer, it’s sure to reshape the way we travel with our technology. To meet the needs of iPad users on the move, Incase has a host of power and protective solutions specifically designed to keep your iPad powered up and travel-ready.
Our popular chargers have been revamped to power up your iPad, now featuring a 2-amp output USB port for the fastest possible charge for your iPad, iPod or iPhone. Both the Combo Charger and Car Charger carry the “Works with iPad, iPhone and iPod” designation from Apple, ensuring your iPad and other Apple portables stay powered up and ready when you’re on the go.
Our new Travel Kit Plus is a complete carrying solution for your iPad, Incase Combo Charger (or Car Charger) and accessories, featuring a two-compartment design for maximum storage, organization and protection. Its dedicated iPad compartment features reinforced sidewalls for extra iPad cushioning and a plush faux-fur lined interior for scratch protection.
The additional compartment is designed to hold all your peripherals with ample storage pockets and a three-sided zipper closure for easy access. A large Velcro pocket is sized to fit your Apple Wireless Keyboard while two integrated elastic bands provide cable management. Additional pockets hold everything from your charger and viewing stand to USB drives, earbuds and more.
Packaged with our Travel Kit Plus is a custom viewing stand designed to provide cable management for your Dock Connector to USB Cable. The viewing stand provides two viewing angles for iPad in landscape position.
The new 2-amp Chargers and Travel Kit Plus are available exclusively in our webstore and at the Apple Store. For a limited time, purchase the Travel Kit Plus and our Combo Charger from our webstore and receive free shipping.
See our full assortment of iPad products in our webstore.
Please note that our new chargers have been updated from a previously released dual USB port design with 1-amp output. The older version is “Works with iPhone” and “Made for iPod” certified, but is not recommended for use with iPad. For any questions, please contact our Consumer Support team at 1-888-283-8288.
Whether you are using your iPad on the go or need a case that can secure your device in handheld and desktop scenarios, Incase has a protective solution for you. We’ve taken some of our most popular case styles and custom fit them for iPad as well as designed a number of new products specifically for iPad.
Our Grip Protective Cover for iPad is a durable, silicone rubber case that features two contoured rails on its back panel to provide you with enhanced grip and comfort when holding your iPad in landscape position.
Our Protective Cover features the same durable, silicone rubber construction and a flat back surface for added stability when using your iPad on a desktop. Both the Grip Protective Cover and Protective Cover feature custom cutouts for direct access to all iPad features and come packaged with a viewing stand for your iPad.
The signature Incase Neoprene Sleeve is now available in two styles for iPad: Neoprene Sleeve Plus and Neoprene Slip Sleeve Plus. A protective interior border runs the length of the Neoprene Sleeve Plus’ seams, giving it added structure and providing increased protection to the periphery of your iPad.
The Neoprene Slip Sleeve Plus features a slip entry opening for easy device access while maintaining complete iPad coverage. Both the Neoprene Sleeve Plus and Neoprene Slip Sleeve Plus feature our signature faux-fur lining for scratch protection and come packaged with a viewing stand for your iPad.
Created specifically for iPad, our Convertible Book Jacket is a multifunctional portfolio-style case that secures your iPad during travel and when on display in landscape position. Opening the Convertible Book Jacket takes it from carrying case to viewing stand with multiple angles in one easy step.
For a more robust carrying solution, the Nylon Travel Kit Plus provides organization and complete protection for your iPad and accessories with its durable nylon construction, three-sided zippered closure, ample storage pockets and a plush faux-fur lined iPad compartment. The Nylon Travel Kit Plus comes packaged with a viewing stand designed with a cord management feature for your iPad.
Our popular chargers have been refreshed to work with iPad. Featuring a powerful 2-amp output USB port, both the Combo Charger and Car Charger are Works with iPad, iPhone and iPod certified by Apple, ensuring that your Apple portables stay powered up no matter where your travels take you.
The countdown has begun to the eagerly anticipated arrival of iPad. We at Incase are believers in the magical and revolutionary, so you can expect to see Incase products for iPad in the near future. We are working to introduce a select offering of protective solutions soon after iPad retail availability with an expanded line up of products to follow. Keep a close eye on our website for updates and information.