We have some really cool music offerings on the horizon and in preparation for this we have joined SoundCloud and uploaded 2 mixes.
Feel free to listen, download or embed these mixes on your own site. Don’t forget to follow us on SoundCloud, we will be uploading a lot more exclusive mixes and tracks later this year.
Joining him will be Incase’s own Dreamweapon (a/ka/ Damon Way) and a banana hammock’s worth of other notable bros from the LA arts & underground scene, including Justin Krietemeyer, John Carlos Harrington, Andrew Miller, Florencio Zavala and Kristian Henson.
And head’s up, every two weeks from here on out Steven will be hosting Bang-Ga-Wrong on Thursday nights at Verdugo Bar. Please come, and then come again and again. Tropical attire optional… but of course, always encouraged.
Curated by Arkitip artist Steven Harrington has put together an exclusive mix for Incase and Arkitip. Featuring hand picked tracks from Steven’s collection, Bang-Ga-Wrong is a 45-minute mix of early Jamaican dancehall, dub and roots reggae reworked and mixed with help from Andrew Miller. Enjoy!
- 0:01 Intro (‘Original Sound’)
- 0:25 Eccelton Jarrett, ‘Turn On The Heat’
- 2:25 Cocoa Tea, ‘Young Lovers’
- 4:49 Conroy Smith, ‘Original Sound’
- 6:41 Courtney Melody, ‘Screechie Across The Border’
- 9:33 Pinchers, ‘Agony’
- 11:44 Little Jon, ‘Fade Away’
- 14:00 Admiral Bailey, ‘Big Belly Man’
- 15:32 Drum Break (‘Whats Going On’)
- 15:54 Al Fingers, ‘Whats Going On (Truth & Rights Remix)’
- 19:11 Ecceltron Jarrett, ‘Rock Them One By One’
- 21:00 Break (‘Cuss Cuss’)
- 21:09 Barrington Levy, ‘Here I Come’
- 22:06 Roots Radics, ‘Cuss Cuss’
- 23:06 Anthony B, ‘Warrior’
- 23:55 Barrington Levy, ‘Come’
- 26:16 Augustus Pablo, ‘Java’
- 28:29 Barrington Levy, ‘Murderer’
- 30:02 Flourgon, ‘Jump Spread Out’
- 31:40 Keith & Tex, ‘Stop That Train’
- 33:54 Gregory Issacs, ‘Night Nurse’ + Harry J All Starts, ‘Liquidator’
- 35:54 Junior Delgado, ‘Sons Of Slaves’
- 38:38 Upsetters, ‘Flashing Echo’
- 39:54 Daddy Lizard, ‘Run Girl Run’ + Black Uhuru, ‘Happiness’
- 42:43 White Mice, ‘Youths Of Today’
- 44:22 Outro (‘Youths Of Today’ + ‘Original Sound’)
And finally, we have some free Steven Harrington wallpapers for your desktop and iPhone.
Stay tuned for another Steven Harrington surprise coming next week.
The third installment of Curated by Arkitip launches today with Steven Harrington. The Los Angeles based artist, who has received international recognition for his commercial and self-inspired art projects, created the custom design featured on the Steven Harrington Sleeve for MacBook Pro 15″ and Slider Case for iPhone 3G, both available today.
Harrington’s print work for Curated by Arkitip is representative of his signature aesthetic, incorporating a multiplicty of colorful patterns symbolic of connectivity and community. His designs are often times created from past experiences and childhood memories in addition to influence from Time-Life Encyclopedias 1965-1972, thrift stores and the 60s pysch sounds of The Moody Blues. Harrington leaves his work open for personal interpretation, infusing tangible objects that people can relate to like a photograph or memory.
Our last update before we launch the next installment for the Curated by Arkitip series with Los Angeles artist Steven Harrington.
We will have a video and a selection of Harrington’s oeuvre to accompany the release next week.
The Steven Harrington iPhone 3G Case and Sleeve for MacBook Pro 15″ will be available February 12.
Here’s a close-up photo of the 15″ MacBook Pro sleeve by Los Angeles artist Steven Harrington who is featured in the third installment of the Curated by Arkitip series.
Products will be available for MacBook Pro 15″ and iPhone 3G on February 12.
Influenced by Time-Life Encyclopedias 1965-1972, thrift stores and the 60s pysch sounds of The Moody Blues, his art might be termed “contextual objectivism”. That is, each piece is created as a tangible object symbiotically defined of a larger context.
The Steven Harrington products will be available early February.